|Harvey Group were delighted to be engaged by Farrans Construction to deliver the M&E services on the 102-unit luxury care facility for Signature Senior Lifestyle Limited at Hendon Hall in London.|
The project is a £21M construction project comprising the retention and refurbishment of the Grade II listed original Hendon Hall built in 1755, together with the construction of the new buildings to form the 102 bed ‘Best in Class’ care home.
At Harvey Group, we count our people as our greatest asset and richest resource. When the Coronavirus pandemic hit our main concern was the safety of our staff whilst maintaining onsite progress. This poised a challenge as firstly global pandemics don’t happen every day and many people in today’s society never have experienced one and secondly, rules/regulations/policies consistently changing as we discover more about COVID-19.
To ensure government guidelines were met we:
- Enforced Social Distancing
- Introduced temperature checks on site entry
- Hand sanitising stations located throughout the site
- Signage of maximum occupants allowed in each space/area
- COVID-19 safety training to all staff
- Provided Face masks
- Minimised car sharing & public transport to and from site
- Embraced our mental health champions with Mates In Mind
- Eliminated face-to face meetings and replaced with online video meetings
- Set up online chats with colleagues to help with their mental wellbeing
We worked together as a team to ensure we were able to quickly adapt and overcome the challenges thrown at us during this flagship Hendon Hall project.
Check out this video from Farrans that touches on the challenges of delivering the construction phase through the Covid-19 pandemic.