Harvey Group have been appointed to Design, Develop and Install the M&E Services at Ulidia Integrated College.
This new £20m three-storey school in Carrickfergus will be home to 700 pupils incorporating 43 new classrooms and state of the art services within this significant new 10,314m2 building. Located on the school’s existing site between Prince Andrew Way and Victoria Road, the building will be constructed in two phases. With a decant and demolition phase following construction of the new school.
The new school is targeted to achieve BREEAM Excellent which will place it in the top 10% of all UK Non-domestic dwellings.
Mechanical and Electrical services being provided to meet the requirements of the school and pupils are;
- Ultra low NOx Heating Generation
- Heat Recovery & Hybrid Ventilation
- Underfloor Heating
- CAT 5 Water Services
- Gas installations to Plantroom, HE Classrooms, Science Classrooms & kitchen
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Compressed air, welding extract ventilation and oxygen & acetylene gases.
- Dust extraction systems
- Cold & hot water services
- State of the art - Interactive Whiteboards
- Class change & clock system
- Fire Alarm & Security Systems (Intruder, door access & CCTV)
- Facilities for the disabled (Disabled refuge & toilet alarm systems)
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels
- ICT / Data / Structured Cabling
- Lighting & Controls using energy efficient LEDs
- LV Switchboard & Distribution
- Primary & Secondary Containment
- All fully testing and commissioned
The project has been designed and developed through RIBA Stage 4a and Construction works are expected to commence late 2022.
Image Credits: Bennett Freehill