St Patrick's Grammar School based in Downpatrick is approximately 9,900m┬▓ and has 700 pupils.
Harvey Group formed part of the design and construction team alongside the main contractor, O'Hare and McGovern to deliver this project.
Harvey Group was responsible for the electrical & mechanical services on this new project and facilities provided included: a large music department and enhanced Physical Education amenities. The PE department includes a modern gym, two indoor sports halls and a floodlit outdoor pitch.
We were involved in the design development of the project and through value engineering workshops helped produced several viable alternatives which met or exceeded the design specification. Budgetary illustrations were produced indicating possible savings.
The mechanical & electrical services on the college were extremely complex and involved several streams of work including;
- High and low voltage distribution
- General and emergency lighting
- Power systems
- Fire Alarm and Disabled Refuge alarms
- CCTV and Access control
- Intruder alarms
- Lightning protection system
- Public address
- Telephone systems and structured cabling
- Building management systems
- LTHW Heating System
- Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Fume Extract
- Above Ground Drainage
- Installation of Sanitary Ware