Almost 20 years after we first installed the mechanical building services to the original Waterfront Hall, we returned to deliver the M&E Design and Installation of the new Waterfront Hall extension.
The new £30million extension has seen the Waterfront Exhibition add an additional 4000m2 of useable space, which consists of;
- A new “Hall 1” that can accommodate 1,000 delegates and has the flexibility to accommodate four smaller events due to its design and construction.
- A further “Hall 2” that can accommodate 800 delegates and has the flexibility to accommodate two smaller events due to its design and construction
- And no less than 17 new board and meeting rooms.
Harvey Group were awarded the Contract for the Design and Installation of M&E services, worth £11million, at the end of 2014.
The complexity and magnitude of services and requirement to install to a tight programme, meant that the utilisation of the latest 3D software was warranted, to aid in the reduction of on-site installation times. A full list of services that were incorporated are noted below;
Mechanical Services Installation;
- Domestic services including sanitary ware
- Underfloor heating to reception areas
- CHP integration
- New ultra-quiet chiller installation
- Ventilation installation including high efficiency AHUs
- Kitchen and banqueting installations
- Trend BMS system
- VRF AC to comms rooms
- Smoke ventilation and fire control
- Chilled water installation
- Fan coil installation
- Variable temperature heating system
- New ultra-efficient Hoval Ultra gas boilers
Electrical Services Installation includes:
- HV distribution
- Sub mains/LV distribution
- Generator set
- Lightning and surge protection
- High efficiency LED lighting installation
- Emergency lighting installation
- General/mechanical/technical power installation
- State of the art audio visual installation
- ICT/data installation
- WiFi installation
- Fire alarm installation
- Aspirating system
- Infrared induction installation
- Associated Infrastructure installation
We were wholly responsible for the effective design and installation of the building, successfully meeting all targeted performances and, in some instances, bettering them. We attained a BREEAM Certification of Very Good', and were able to increase the energy efficiency of particular aspects of the building by introducing higher efficiency LED lighting and heating systems.
During a recent visit by the Lord Mayor of Belfast, Councillor Arder Carson, said,
“I'm blown away by what we've been shown today and firmly believe that business delegates travelling to Belfast will feel the same, once they step inside this outstanding space.”
The Waterfront Hall extension is hailed as the most significant and exciting project for tourism since the opening of Titanic Belfast, which Harvey Group also completed.
For more information on the Waterfront Hall please click "here"