Harvey Group Plc. is one of Northern Ireland’s leading and most successful companies in the construction sector providing high quality mechanical and electrical engineering services for 40 years.
We require enthusiastic, hard working, reliable individuals to train within Harvey Group to become qualified Mechanical or Electrical tradesmen. You need to be ready for a challenge with a drive and ability to learn.
Opportunities for further progression exist within our company for successful people who wish to progress further.
Position: Mechanical & Electrical Apprentices
Qualification: Educated to GCSE level (Minimum 5 C Grades including Maths, English and Science)
Status of post: Full-time permanent
Scope of position: The job will include the installing, decommissioning and maintaining of Mechanical or Electrical systems; training both on-the-job and off-the-job in the Mechanical or Electrical vocational areas. This position may from time to time involve working outside of Northern Ireland and therefore the individual must be prepared to spend some time away from home.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working along side qualified tradesmen on busy construction site environment
- Part of a team; taking responsibility in completing tasks assigned to you whilst being dedicated to learn
- Attending college as required, getting tops grades to achieve an NVQ level3
- Working safely and delivering a First Class Standard of work, every time.
- Friendly, helpful with the ability to remain calm and polite under pressure.
- Steady disposition and responsive to changing situations,
- Excellent team player
- Willingness and desire to learn is a requirement.
- Should be a fast learner with the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Will be enthusiastic as they go about their duties with a desire to excel in all they do.
- Needs to be very punctual and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work within the aims and values of Harvey Group; these being ‘Integrity, Innovation, Care, Safety, Environment and Quality; and to compliment these values in everything you do.
To apply online please "click here"
Closing date for receipt of applications is 10am, Friday 20thApril 2018.
The successful candidate will be required to provide documentation to support his/her claim that they are entitled to work in the UK. This is required under the Immigration, Asylum & Nationality Act 2006, and is the law for all UK employers to prevent the employment of illegal workers.
Harvey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer.
We are aware that some GCSE results are not available until August 2018. If this applies to you, please state on your CV a list your exams and put a note ‘waiting on results’. Once you receive your results you should telephone 02890 342444 and notify us of your results. Failure to notify us before the end of August 2018 will result in application not being accepted.