Position: Junior Management Programme
Department: Contracts Department
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Status of post: Full-time permanent
Scope of position: To carry out the functions within the Contracts department in an effective and efficient manner.
Salary: Remuneration Package will be commensurate with responsibility and experience.
Scope of position:
’First Class’ individuals who have a genuine interest in the combined design and construction of commercial and industrial building services – the things that bring a building to life.
Our ‘Junior Management Programmes’ are rewarding yet challenging; they require real commitment to successfully complete. The training period will be over a 4-year term and are open to applicants with HNC/HND/BSc in Building Services / Architectural Engineering.
Applicants from a Mechanical/HVAC/Renewables and/or Electrical background are welcomed.
If you have a relevant trade background, on successful completion of our apprenticeship, you will have gained an HNC grade qualification in Building Services Engineering.
Due to the nature of our business, it is necessary that our Technical/Junior Management staff can undertake basic M+E installations and therefore the first year of training is site based. It may also be possible to take further training within the company to become an M+E Services Contracts Manager on the successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Main duties and responsibilities:
First Class M&E Junior Management candidates will need to demonstrate, through the term of their development, that they have the aptitude and resolve to train in and deliver the following main duties and responsibilities associated with this challenging position;
- Management and Supervision of Site Installations and Commissioning;
- Review and development of Mechanical and Electrical designs;
- Review and management of spatial co-ordination process in both 2D CAD and 3D Revit;
- Preparation and/or management of ‘builders work’ and detailed ‘working’ drawings;
- Preparation of end of ‘As Installed’ Drawings and Operation & Maintenance Manuals;
- Minor Projects - Contracts Manager tasks including the control of safety; quality; environmental impact; document control; procurement; reporting; financial return; sourcing material through our supply chain; labour; programming; commissioning and handover;
- Maintenance / FM Contracts Management;
- Estimating / Bid Management of Mechanical and Electrical tenders;
- Management of Contractual obligations.
Attainments and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and an ability to communicate information effectively.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel to very high standards.
- High standard secondary education.
Desirable but not essential
- Previous qualification/ experience in engineering/ surveying of any kind.
- Previous experience of mechanical and electrical services.
- Enjoy working in a team to please customers; consistently delivering what we promise in a team environment.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with the people we work for and work with.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and an ability to communicate information effectively to different audiences.
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate and timely information and to organise resources and workload to achieve set objectives, even where there are conflicting demands and priorities.
- Team Player – willing to assist others / ‘Can – Do’ Approach / flexible / consistently friendly and approachable / looking out for the others in your team.
- Resourceful / Self-Starter – able to ‘think on your feet’ / problem solving / having the initiative to keep going.
- Wanting to continuously learn more; develop your skills and face new challenges and responsibilities.
To Apply, please download the Application-Form and return with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to: Harvey Group PLC, 14 Glenwell Road, Newtownabbey, Co.Antrim, BT36 7RF. F.A.O: Careers Officer
Closing Date: Friday 16th March 2018