Position: Electrical Maintenance Operative
Reporting to: Head of Maintenance
Status of post: Full-time permanent
Salary: Remuneration Package will be commensurate with responsibility
- Carry out planned and response maintenance efficiently and to a high standard.
- You would be the Lead Operative on a number of Sites
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers and supply chain contacts alike.
- You will have a strong technical background in Electrical Building Services with fundament understanding of other trade backgrounds and operations
Main duties and responsibilities
- Carry out planned maintenance on systems such as Fixed Wired Installations, Emergency Lighting, Fire alarms and General lighting, AHUs, FCUs and pumps. This will also include minor mechanical tasks such as Ventilation, H&C Water Systems or Air-Conditioning
- Carry out response maintenance throughout the customer’s premises in a timely manner, continually updating the helpdesk / manager.
- You will be required to carry out site inductions for our specialist sub-contractors and visitors.
- You will ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with our H&S and QA policies and procedures, whether carried out by you or a sub-contractor operative.
- Problem solving will be a requirement in this role, therefore we expect you to be able to cope with Electrical technical problems with confidence and appropriate urgency.
- Participate in our call rota as part of a team of engineers on call.
- Ensure that you create and maintain a good working relationship with our clients.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out thoroughly and recorded in accordance with good practice.
- Care and attention must be given to all work carried out
- Care of all the people involved with day to day tasks carried out
- Demonstrate a proactive and innovative approach
- Courtesy and respect for each team member,
- Good personal organisation, honesty, communication, ownership, reliability and dependability.
Attainments and Attributes
To include, but not be restricted to, the following: Attitude
- Is a self-starter.
- Is positive in all dealings with the management and client.
- Has a “can-do” approach to work and a willingness to learn,
- Communicate effectively with our helpdesk to close out jobs in a timely manner.
- Completing paperwork clearly in both verbal and written communication using structure, grammar, language and terminology appropriate to the characteristics
- You will be to demonstrate a good technical knowledge, with an Electrical bias
Innovation / Continuous Improvement Work standards
- Identify with line manager goals for improvement and work towards these throughout the year
Planning work and organisation
- Ensuring optimum allocation of time to ensure maximum efficiency when carrying out tasks
- All work both maintenance and repairs must be carried out to a high standard
- Always seek to improve current standards
Experience and Qualifications Criteria
- Time served Electrical Engineer with commercial and industrial experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role, with a proven track record and experience in all aspects of Electrical installations and regulations.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to work to a plan yet deal with urgent situations.
- Must have good IT skills (excel/word/outlook) and communication skills.
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations with Testing and Inspections
- Certified health and safety training. (CSR / Safe pass)
- Full, clean driving licence
- MEWP, PASMA, Asbestos Awareness, Manual Handling training
- Hold or currently completing a HNC/HND in building services engineering.
- Have an understanding of electrical systems including controls systems.
- Have an interest / qualification in respect of renewable sources of energy and energy management.
Candidates can apply demonstrating how they meet the criteria by forwarding their CV and a cover letter via email to:
Closing Date: 27th October 2017