Position: Senior Mechanical Estimator
Department: Commercial – Based in Dunstable
Reporting to: Estimating Manager & Commercial Director
Status of post: Full-time permanent
Salary: Remuneration Package will be commensurate with responsibility/experience
- Preparing clear and precise tender bids in their various forms.
- Protect the Company commercially / contractually at tender stage and generally thereafter in order to achieve cost and commercial certainty.
- Use innovation to arrive at best solution for Client.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Present accurate Nett Estimate costs.
- Liaise and communicate with sub-contractors, vendors and suppliers to prepare tenders in a timely manner.
- Identify contract type and potential risks
- Work closely with our customers and clients to best understand their requirements and ensure that these are being delivered, building meaningful lasting relationships in the process.
- Meet or exceed our client expectations
- Maintain a positive can-do attitude and participate wholly as part of the Commercial team.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the market place and follow up tenders.
- Participate in PQQ’s / Proposals.
- Participate in Value Engineering where necessary.
- Prepare tender offers from only outline info for various RIBA Stage Design and Build projects as well as traditional specification and drawings.
- Meet with and lead external M&E consultants in developing D&B tenders, where necessary.
- Prepare QSORs
- Regular meetings with Head Office in Belfast (Skype/Flights)
- Care and attention must be given to each task and project
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to each project
- Courtesy and respect for each team member, both internal and external
- Good personal organisation, honesty, communication, ownership, reliability and dependability are essential senior level qualities.
Attainments and Attributes
To include, but not restricted to, the following:
- Is a self-starter.
- Is positive in all dealings with the Directors, Senior Management team and staff.
- Sees our customers as key stakeholders and provides a level of support that ensure a genuine “partnership” with these customers
- Has a “can-do” approach to work and a willingness to learn, assist and mentor.
- Able to support the company to achieve its strategic objectives through the company’s values, individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems.
- Inspires, develops, mentors junior team members
- Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Expressing ideas clearly in both verbal and written communication using structure, grammar, language and terminology appropriate to the characteristics and needs of all areas within the company.
- You will be able to demonstrate a sound technical knowledge
Innovation / Continuous Improvement
- Working closely with both the Estimating Manager and other team members to identify creative and effective solutions to work situations that will deal with organisational challenges and opportunities.
Planning work and organisation
- Being organised and structured in planning their approach to their own personal work assignments and that of the other members of their team.
- Ensuring optimum allocation of resources.
- Setting high goals or standards of performance for themselves; Imposing standards of excellence on themselves rather than having standards imposed by others.
- Being dissatisfied with average performance and aiming for excellence.
- A proven record and ability in winning £5m+ M&E tenders.
- Good IT systems knowledge and experience. Competent in the use of MS Excel/Word/Outlook, and Estimating costing software.
- An ability to build up and foster excellent working relationships with the individuals you come into contact with.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and an ability to communicate information effectively to different audiences.
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate and timely information and to organise resources and workload to achieve set objectives even where there are conflicting demands and priorities.
- Experience of leading more junior staff and to be able to motivate and mentor other team members to maximise their potential.
- Ability to work within the aims and values of Harvey Group; these being ‘Integrity, Innovation, Care, Safety, Environment and Quality; and to compliment/bring best practice to these values in everything you do.
- A technical qualification in Building Services (Mechanical)
- Time served – Plumbing/Heating installation background
- Approximately 3/5 year’s previous experience in a similar role.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or post to: Harvey Group PLC, 14 Glenwell Road, Newtownabbey, Co.Antrim, BT36 7RF. F.A.O: Careers Officer.
Closing Date: Thursday 25th January 2018